On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Umang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
> I installed sage-3.1.1-debian32-intel-i686-Linux (md5 matched)
> yesterday on Ubuntu 8.04. I extracted and did a make. I then did:

Unfortunately that binary very well might not work, since it's for debian
rather than ubuntu, and they are different.  I'll make sure the binaries
set for 3.1.2 contains an ubuntu 32-bit binary.  These binaries will come
out within a day.

> sage: install_scripts('/usr/bin')
> After that, when I wanted to plot (I was going through the manual).
> sage: plot(cos, (-5,5))
> Maxima crashed -- automatically restarting.
> Maxima crashed -- automatically restarting.
>

> sage: plot(cos(x), (-5,5))
> Maxima crashed -- automatically restarting.
> Maxima crashed -- automatically restarting.
>

> So I have a few questions:
> How can I undo install_scripts('/usr/bin') (because I'd like to
> reinstall completely)?

This is not necessary.  These scripts are all just 2-3 liners that
just call sage with an appropriate command line option.

> What can I do about this problem?

Either build from source or wait for an ubuntu binary.

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics