On Sep 27, 5:41 pm, John H Palmieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone else reproduce this?

I can't since I do not have convert on a Mac, but the problem is that
we switched to a dynamic libpng. The solution is:

 * create a convert script in $SAGE_LOCAL/bin
 * set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to SAGE_ORIG_DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
 * call convert with an absolute path (use "which convert" from
outside Sage) and pass on all parameters (i.e. /use/local/foo/convert
"$@")

We should probably do that automatically on OSX for convert, emacs and
the other usual suspects. The problem boils down to Apple renaming
some of the symbols in libpng and creating libPng.dylib in the
process.

Cheers,

Michael