Dear Team,

currently I try to build Sage from source on a laptop (GNU/Linux
i686). The built of R failed, and the complaint is
  sys-std.c:401:33: error: readline/readline.h: No such file or
directory
  sys-std.c:431:32: error: readline/history.h: No such file or
directory

Is readline required to build Sage? Note that it is not mentioned in
the README.txt (it only lists gcc, g++, m4, ranlib, and make).

Or what else might be gone wrong?

I'll try to upload the install.log, but this will certainly take a
while, and perhaps you already have a hint for me...

Yours
      Simon