On Oct 23, 1:24 am, Martin Rubey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Martin,

> I tried to compile Sage from source, but it ran out of memory compiling
> linbox.  Is there a workaround?

Unfortunately not. gcc is an absolute pig when instantiating templates
and with LinBox you need anywhere from 350 to 700MB memory. You can
add swap space which will make the compilation work, but slow it down
by quiet a lot, i.e. I have build LinBox on a G4 with 256 MB physical
RAM, it just took a while.  Which hardware are you using?

> Martin

Cheers,

Michael