On Oct 29, 2:28 am, Simon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> On 28 Okt., 15:27, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> dortmund.de> wrote:
> > Can you come up with some simple Cython code using libSingular that
> > shows the same behavior, i.e. the more simple the better. This would
> > help me potentially hunt down the cause.

Hi Simon,

> Your wish is my command...

:)

> It is ticket #4380. It seems to me that the leak will be located in
> the `reduce` method of MPolynomial_libsingular.

*really* nice catch. I am testing the patch right now and it looks
like a positive review. Interestingly Guppy would not have caught the
memleak either since it is inside Singular, i.e. omalloc screws us
here. Hans once showed me some debug tricks to hunt for leaks via
omalloc, so if this turns out to be a harder problems than we thought
we might want to go that way. Just as I mentioned on the ticket if you
find anything else please open a new ticket since I want this patch to
go in and it seems to resolve the vast majority of the problem in your
code.

> Cheers
>         Simon

Cheers,