On Nov 14, 3:41 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > * New computable data, including genomic data, protein data, and
> > current and historical weather data
>
> Cool.   I wonder what the license issues are with making such data
> available?  Can somebody look into this?

It is possible they are using federally supported websites, which are
free to the public. There are many sources for such biological
databases out there at government  and academic sites, which requires
no  license to download the data and use. (I am talking about US based
sites here). There are also microarray data, which is public domain.

Matlab bioinformatics toolbox for example, has functions that one can
call to download such data from these databases on the net.  The
format of database scheme is all public domain, so anyone can develop
code to do the same. I assume Mathematica 7 is doing the same type of
thing.

Nasser