On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 1:05 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Type notebook? and read the docs.  If that isn't enough please please
>> do ask here again.
>
> The "Help" link inside the notebook gives a ton of great docs on how
> to do great things with notebook.  I couldn't find the section on how
> to add new notebook accounts in those docs.
> Should I be looking somewhere else?

It "should" be in chapter 3 on the notebook.  Unfortunately, I just
looked and it isn't.    The problem is that the file notebook_object.py
isn't included in the reference manual.

Maybe Mike Hansen can fix this when he Sphinxifies the documentation
for Sage, which he'll do very soon.

I've created trac ticket #4574 about this:

>> > And, how kill Sage notebook?  I run it as a background process and it
>> > seems to start a ton of processes.  Perhaps there is a parent process
>> > I can kill that will automatically cause rest to die?
>>
>> Do you know about the screen program?  Try typing "man screen" to
>> see if you have it.  It is an *awesome* way to run programs like the
>> notebook,
>> detach  them, come back to them later ,etc., and be able to control-c
>> to quit them properly.  If it isn't installed on your server, let me know and
>> I'll point you to a page where you can download and install it.
>
> I've used screen to run programs.  I never thought to use it to exit
> programs cleanly.
> I was trying to make a /etc/init.d/sage script to start and stop
> Sage.  I guess my /etc/init.d/sage could start screen.  I hadn't
> thought of that.  I'll look into it.
>
> Thanks!

I don't know if that is possible -- let me know.  It would be interesting.

William