On Nov 29, 12:22 pm, tomanizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi David,

Hi Thomas,

> Let me try to clarify:
>
> I am running my own Sage notebook server on a Suse 10.2 box.
> I started the notebook server on that Linux box using the command:
> notebook(address='',port=443,open_viewer=False,accounts=True).
>
> This serves the Sage notebook on port 443 and allows me (and others)
> to connect to the Sage notebook from anywhere (address='').
>
> This Sage server is used by myself and other people collaborating on a
> number of projects.
> The users are using all kinds of machines to connect to the server
> (Linux, Mac and Windows).
>
> I now want to connect to the Sage server from a windows machine using
> Google Chrome as a browser.
> As described above , this does not work because the login fails.
>
> On the same machine, connecting to the same server, in the same way,
> this succeeds using Firefox as a browser.

Recent Sage releases (3.2 for example) do work at least with some
version of Chrome. I.e. there is a patch to add Google Gears support
that I did see in action on a Vista box a couple weeks ago, so it is
possible. What version of Chrome are you running? There is also some
other potential issue to consider like javascript support and cookies,
i.e. if you turned them off it could be a source of your login
problems.

Timothy: Since you are the one whom I saw using Gear - which Chrome
release did you test with?

Cheers,

Michael