I'm running OS X 10.5.5 (G5, 2 GB memory). Just upgraded to sage
version 3.2. When running sage version 3.0.6 in the same environment,
I can invoke gnuplot:

~/bash$/Users/ww/work/sage-old/sage
| SAGE Version 3.0.6, Release Date: 2008-07-30                       |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

sage: gnuplot_console()

        G N U P L O T
        Version 4.2 patchlevel 0
        last modified March 2007
        System: Darwin 9.5.0

        Copyright (C) 1986 - 1993, 1998, 2004, 2007
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual.
        The gnuplot FAQ is available from
                http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/

        Send comments and help requests to  <gnuplot-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Send bug reports and suggestions to <gnuplot-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

However, today, with the new version of sage, I get:

/WW/Projects/Heart/bash$sage
| Sage Version 3.2, Release Date: 2008-11-20                         |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

sage: gnuplot_console()
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_png_create_info_struct
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /Users/ww/Applications/Scientific/sage/local/lib//
libpng12.0.dylib

sage:

Any advice on running gnuplot under the new release?

Thanks,

Wayne Wiitanen