On Nov 30, 1:58 pm, Jim Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Jim,

> I am puzzled by one of the binaries:http://sage.math.washington.edu/
> sage/osx/powerpc/sage-3.2-G5-PowerMacintosh-Darwin.dmg
>
> Does the "G5" in the name mean it's specific for the G5 processor?
> Usually the binaries are named according to the OSX version -- is
> this one for OSX 10.4 or 10.5?

That is an OSX 10.4 binary build on a G4. I am not 100% sure if it
will be running on a G4. That G5 is the only 10.4 box we have access
to 24/7 and it is also substantially faster (and has multiple CPUs)
than any G4. So if you are attempting to run it on a G4 I would be
very interested to see what happens if you run "make check"

> Thanks,
> Jim Clark

Cheers,

Michael