dpvc wrote:
> The real problem is not the missing fonts, but the fact that sage
> doesn't include the jsMath image fonts that are supposed to be used
> when the jsMath TeX fonts aren't available.  I'm sure this was not
> included because it was considered to be too large a component, but it
> really should be, as it would have avoided this problem that so many
> of you are having.  On the other hand, if you choose not to install
> the image fonts, there is a noImageFonts plugin that should be used so
> that jsMath knows about the fact that you don't have the image fonts,
> and will not try to use them when they aren't there (which is what is
> causing the warning message).  If sage uses the jsMath/easy/load.js
> file (and I don't whether it does or not), then there is a
> "noImageFonts" setting that should be changed to 1 if you don't have
> the image fonts.  That will cause the noImageFonts plugin to be loaded
> at the proper time.  The best solution is to install the image fonts
> available from
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172663
>
> but if you don't want to do that, then using the noImageFonts plugin
> is the next best thing.
>
> Davide

Thanks for your reply, Davide.  We have an optional sage package for the
image fonts that is easy to install.  You're right, we decided to not
make it standard because of the size.

Currently, if the jsmath image fonts are not installed, we add the
following code to the header of the page:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/javascript/jsmath/plugins/noImageFonts.js"></script>

and then later, we have:

<script src="/javascript/jsmath/jsMath.js" type="text/javascript">

Should the order of these lines be reversed?  I'm pretty sure we don't
use the easy/load.js (and I'm not sure why).

Thanks,

Jason

For references on the optional spkg, see the discussion from

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/e186e7ce4f7253c5/2822d7e064b5bad2?lnk=gst&q=1971#2822d7e064b5bad2

or the trac ticket at