I think the following is also a source of frustration:

v=vector([1,2,3])
rm=matrix(v)#This will be a row matrix
cm=v.transpose()#This will be a column matrix.

What would the convention be for this one?  This came up in another
discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/24fa62276520b799/2ba996a4f9d18545?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=vector+to+matrix#2ba996a4f9d18545

Keep the good work.