Hi all,
OpenOpt 0.21 (free Python-written optimization framework) has been
released

Changes since previous release 0.19 (September 15, 2008):

    * major changes for NLP / NSP solver ralg
    * new converter: qp2nlp
    * new converter: lp2nlp
    * new converter: nllsp2nlp
    * new converter: nlsp2nlp
    * new converter: minimax to NLP
    * Introducing OpenOpt GUI
    * PSwarm 1.3 has been connected instead of v 1.1. It has much more
parameters to modify and ability to use user-supplied callback
function.
    * Lots of changes related to oofun syntax: add oovar and oolin,
now fixed oovars can be correctly handled
    * enhanced iterfcn connection for scipy fmin_cobyla
    * some doc updates for result structure
    * new openopt API func: oosolver
    * some code cleanup and bugfixes
    * some other minor changes

Backward incompatibility:

    * instead of "from scikits.openopt" now you should use "from
openopt import ..."
    * LSP has been renamed to NLLSP
    * oofun with ordinary variables (x) support had been ceased (it's
hard to keep maintaining), use oovars instead.

Currently we are moving OpenOpt website into new location
(openopt.org)

Let me also invite you to the numerical optimization forum at
openopt.org: http://forum.openopt.org

Regards, Dmitrey.