Hi

I am new to sage and hence, not very familiar.

However, while going through the documentation, I saw some examples of
usage of functions that are provided by other packages like maxima,
octave etc.

I am bit confused, about whether I have to know all those packages
before being able to use sage to its full advantage, or is it the case
that, sage automatically chooses one of these packages (maxima etc.)
and solves the required problem.

And if this is the case, how do I know which package has been selected
for execution.

Thanking you.