Justin C. Walker wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2009, at 16:26 , Jason Grout wrote:
>
>> Justin C. Walker wrote:
>>> Hi, all,
>>>
>>> When using the Notebook interface on Mac OS X, I find that once the
>>> cells have filled the visible part of a web page, the notebook
>>> becomes
>>> somewhat difficult to deal with.  Specifically, if I have an
>>> @interact, and modify the slider, the content of the page shifts
>>> down,
>>> obscuring the output of the @interact.  The amount of shifting seems
>>> to depend on the amount of other cell space below the @interact
>>> output.
>>>
>>> This is using Mac OS X, 10.5.6 and the version of Safari that comes
>>> with it.
>>>
>>> I see the same behavior with FireFox 2.0 (latest version).
>>>
>>> Is there some configuration foo that I'm missing?
>>
>> This is a known problem and there is a trac ticket for it.  The
>> problem
>> is that the notebook height changes briefly when an interact is
>> updated,
>> which means that the browser automatically scrolls up, but then
>> doesn't
>> scroll back down.  A work-around is to create enough empty cells below
>> the interact.  A better solution, noted on the trac ticket, is to
>> make a
>> div that is a screen high at the end of the notebook.  This would also
>> allow you to have the last cell at the top of the screen, which
>> would be
>> very handy for presentations too.  At least MMA lets you scroll down
>> so
>> that the last cell is at the top of the screen.
>
> What's the Trac #?  I searched Trac before posting, but I didn't find
> anything that seemed pertinent.

I was just searching trac too.  I can't find anything.  The mailing list
discussion is here, though (I found this by searching sage-devel for
"interact jump"):

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/51b538c8212fa2a/b61655921eb0ebab

 From the discussion, it looks like a trac ticket never was created (I
thought one was).  I just created #4963 for it.  If this doesn't get
done by SD12, I'll try to do it then.

Thanks,

Jason