On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com>wrote:

> kcrisman wrote:
> > I don't believe that turning a notebook worksheet into a pdf is
> > implemented (and thanks to Dan D. for SageTeX, which unfortunately

I have been printing worksheets to PDF files using my web browser as William
suggested.  I think this is an easy and immediate solution, and it also
works very well for students.

I have a few issues about this, though, that I discussed with Jason in DC at
the Joint Meetings.  This seems like a good time to bring them up.  First,
let me point out that I have not tried out TinyMCE, so I don't know how this
would affect things.

Here's a sample that I created to show the problems:
http://www.math.unl.edu/~shartke2/files/ConvertToPDFTest.pdf

1) As you can see, the font is huge, and very little can fit on a page.  Is
there any way to adjust the font size?  I have noticed that Sage webpages
are not very responsive to changing the web browser's text size.  Is this a
problem with the CSS?  In Firefox on Linux, changing the font size on screen
seems to have no effect on the printed output.  Also, is there an easy way
to change the length before wrapping occurs (but still have wrapping)?

2) Note that the "%hide" boxes still appear, but the "%hideall" boxes do
not.  It would be handy if there was a compromise between these: a box that
was hidden for printing, but was easy to change while editing (the problem I
find with "%hideall" boxes is that after saving a worksheet, there is no
easy way to go back and change the %hideall box).

Thanks for any help!
Stephen