Possibly I'm not understanding your English.
Python can read in any text file, for example csv.
So, the answer to your question seems to be in the
thread you cited.

Also, if you want to know which directory Sageroot is,
type SAGE_ROOT. For example:

sage: SAGE_ROOT
'/home/wdj/sagefiles/sage-3.3.alpha1'

Hope this helps.