Hi,

When I using the following simple script to get a square dxd
inversible matrix (T) from a dxr matrix (T0), I got a memory overflow:
#######################
T=T0;rt=r;d=A.ncols();i=0
while rt != d:
        while rt == rank(T.augment(matrix(d,1,{(i,0):1}))):
                i+=1
        T=T.augment(matrix(d,1,{(i,0):1}))
        rt+=1
#######################

Since the matrix A is a dxd - with d equals to 1183 - that easily fits
into the memory (4GB), it seems strange to me that this script needs
more and more memory until reach a memory overflow. Maybe there is a
memory leak in the function rank or augment? Or, more likely, I did
something wrong when writing this script (since I'm a beginner in both
Sage and Python)?

The entire script (with the 1183x1183 matrix) is available here:
http://www.lri.fr/~oudinet/pub/script.sage

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,