thank you for you quick answers! it works. but my example in my
previous mail was only a simplification of my real problem. your
answer works fine with my simplification. but I am not shure what to
do with my original problem. I want to plot a function of two
variables, but with one variable fixed. I have

def g(f,s):
    (quiet long here with a lot of cases...)

and I want to plot for example

plot(g(x,90),48,51)

the answer of sage is again

TypeError: no way to make fast_float from None

I think this is a similar problem. but I cannot call it with
plot(g(x,48,51), since than it is not clear what variable to use !?

regards, steffi