On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM, mabshoff
<michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 5:46 am, Johan Oudinet <johan.oudi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Johan,
>
> <SNIP>
>
>> I've tried to build from sources sage-3.3 but I still have an
>> unexpected error when running sage :-(
>>
>> The log is available here:http://www.lri.fr/~oudinet/pub/debiansage2.log
>>
>> I add that when I manually try to execute the command gap with the
>> same options, I get :
>> $ gap -r -b -p -T -o 9999G /usr/local/sage-3.3/data//extcode/gap/sage.g
>> @p...@!19924+@"20...@#91395+@$71...@%24361+@&675...@!24824+@"77...@#33736+@$
>> 59...@%21601+@&675...@!48921+@"95...@#09404+@$32...@%5248+@&675...@!2688+@"
>> 63...@#95313+@$02...@%0796+@&675...@!3448+@"52...@#54952+@$86...@%2475+@&67
>> 5...@!7689+@"9...@#89662+@$92...@%2454+@&675...@!3448+@"11...@#75312+@$7761
>> +...@%4233+@&675...@ngap4,
>> Version: 4.4.12 of 17-Dec-2008,
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-...@j@!0012+@"3...@#0944+@$1...@%6262+@&675...@nga
>> p>
>> @i
>

> Ok, that does not look pretty.
>
> Do you have a gap.rc file on your box by any chance, i.e. do you run
> GAP with a custom config file?

I don't think so. Actually, I don't know what GAP is (so I never used
it) and both "locate gap.rc" and find ~ -name 'gap.rc' don't find
anything.

>> For the record, I've followed the installation guide found
>> here:http://www.sagemath.org/doc/inst/node8.html
>
> Ok.
>
> We have seen this or a seemingly similar problem on a build machine we
> have access to, so we are investigating. I have made this a critical
> issue against 3.4, i.e.
>
>  http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5385
>
> Three questions:
>
>  * Does "sage -gap" give you a working GAP without all that odd
> output?

"sage -gap" starts without complain, and I can type ?help for
example... but I don't know what do you mean by a "working GAP"

>  * What is LOCALE set to?
I think it is unset:
$echo $LOCALE

$ test -z $LOCALE; echo $?
0

>  * Could you compress install.log and post a link to it so that I can
> download it and take a look? Maybe something common or odd will pop
> up.

Here it is:
http://www.lri.fr/~oudinet/pub/install.log.bz2

--