I can work on #5397 some today (finally).

On Feb 27, 5:17 pm, mabshoff <michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-
dortmund.de> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 3:37 am, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just a guess that the skpg install script hardwires the wrong
> > directory for the GAP pkgs.
>
> I have been thinking about such build problems and similar things
> happen in various other places.
>
> One way to attach this is to have a script called
>
>  sage-gap-version

I don't know how to add this using trac. I think the list of scripts
is outside
devel isn't it?

> that just returns the name of the current GAP install. This could be
> used if there were additional GAP packages in the future and there
> would be a good chance that things just keep working and as an added
> bonus would likely keep working with older Sage versions using older
> GAP releases, i.e. the optional GAP packages spkg would keep working
> with Sage releases prior to Sage 3.3.
>
> One way to attack this would be to use something along the lines of
>
> mabsh...@sage:/scratch/mabshoff/sage-3.4.alpha1/spkg/standard$ ./
> newest_version gap
> gap-4.4.12.p1
>
> and strip the ".pX" off the version number in case it exists. Another
> one would be to look into the right directory and find the highest
> currently installed GAP version.

Here are the first few lines of the spkg-install script:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#!/bin/sh

# WARNING -- if you add a package here, also add it to
# the gap_reset_workspace() command in
#    <SAGE_ROOT>/devel/sage/sage/interfaces/gap.py
#

GAP=gap-4.4.10

PATH=$SAGE_ROOT:$SAGE_ROOT/local/bin:$PATH

export PATH

rm -rf "$SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/$GAP/pkg/"
mkdir "$SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/$GAP/pkg/"

<snip>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is easy enough to (a) update the packages to their most recent
version
(my preference is, however, to remove nauty* from grape first), (b)
replace 4.4.10 by 4.4.12 and rebuild.

Thoughts?

sagemath and trac are down now anyway, so I'm not sure if this can be
fixed today.
I can start working on it after I finish grading an exam tomorrow and
Almost definitely will be free to work on it a large chunk of the day
Tuesday.