On Mar 10, 8:35 pm, william <wll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Platform/OS: MAC OS X 10.5.6
> SAGE Version 3.0.2, Release Date: 2008-05-24
>
> I have loaded Sage onto my system from a DVD and put it in my
> application folder and am stuck on the README instructions. It says to
> double click on the sage icon and then:

When I double click on a Sage 3.0 icon, it opens in emacs!
More likely for you, it opens up the Terminal application.  This
is a very simple text based interface into which you can type
commands.  Type "notebook()" into the Terminal and you'll
enter a graphic environment in your web-browser.  If something
else happens, simply cntrl-click on the Sage icon to pull up
a contextual menu.  From there you can choose "Open with"
and select the Terminal application which is in
Applications/Utitlites.  You can also choose "Get Info"
from the textual menu and then click a box to make this
the default behavior.

> Choose Applications, then select "All Applications" in the
>      "Enable:" drop down.  Change the "Applications" drop down
>      to "Utilities".  On the left, scroll and select "Terminal".
>      Click "Open", then in the next dialog select "Update"
>
> Choose Applications from where? I don't know what is meant by this. I
> can't find an Enable drop down menu either.

This behavior happens sometimes when Mac OS doesn't
know what to open a file with.  This depends on your
preference settings and I guess it didn't happen in your
case.

I think there will be a nice clickable Mac App soon.

Have fun,
Mark McClure