On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM, WLC <wlc9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed Sage and I am going through a few examples from the
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/tutorial site. when I enter "circle((0,0),
> 1, rgbcolor=(1,1,0))" or "plot(cos, (-5,5))" there is a delay and then
> the comand prompt returns but I don't see a plot. Should it pop up in
> a new window, or where should I look?

*Precisely* what operating system are you using and precisely version
of Sage?  Are you using Sage on the command line or in the notebook?

If in the command line, the output of this command will tell you what
program is used to display plots (which are png images):

sage: sage.misc.viewer.png_viewer()
'sage-native-execute xdg-open'

William