2009/4/3 Alasdair <amc...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks - in which file in the sage tree is this variable set?
>
> -Alasdair

In misc/viewer.py

sage: search_src('SAGE_BROWSER')
misc/viewer.py:    if os.environ.has_key('SAGE_BROWSER'):
misc/viewer.py:        BROWSER = os.environ['SAGE_BROWSER']
server/notebook/notebook_object.py:
SAGE_BROWSER environment variable, e.g., by putting
server/notebook/notebook_object.py:                             export
SAGE_BROWSER="firefox"

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics