Mikie wrote:
> I have have uploaded and installed Sage(the CentOS version) on my
> Linux server.  I have configured the sage script to point at the sage
> directory.  Should it now start from a browser?  If so how? The docs
> talk about "./sage" to start.  Is this in Linux.  I am a novice.  I
> have the Windows version on my PC and works great.  What do I have to
> do to get it functioning on the server.
> Thanks

I suppose you can login to the server. In order to run sage
the script has to be in your $PATH.

One way to test this is to 'cd' (chdir) to the directory you installed
sage in. Now type ./sage
and sage will start up in command line mode:

[j...@paix sage-3.4]$ ./sage
| Sage Version 3.4, Release Date: 2009-03-10                         |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

sage: 1+1
  2

sage:

(exit with cntrl-D)

To run sage as notebook you can type from the sage prompt:
sage: notebook()

or from the shell
./sage -notebook

Good luck!