On Apr 7, 12:11 pm, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:59 AM, John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > This may be overkill, but the manual documentclass sets some options
> > and then passes everything else to report.cls.  So you can make a copy
> > of report.cls, say in
>
> Do you mean manual.cls?

No, I meant report.cls.  There should already be a file manual.cls in
that directory, which calls your system's version of report.cls (from
$SOMEWHERE/tex/latex/base/report.cls). In report.cls, there are lots
of snippets like the one I wrote, e.g.

\DeclareOption{executivepaper}
   {\setlength\paperheight {10.5in}%
    \setlength\paperwidth  {7.25in}}

Copy report.cls to the same directory as the tutorial latex file. In
that copy, add these lines right after the above snippet:

\DeclareOption{createspace}
   {\setlength\paperheight {10in}%
    \setlength\paperwidth  {8in}}

and use this in the latex file for the tutorial:

\documentclass[createspace,10pt,english]{manual}