Hi Dylan,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM, drupel <dylanru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am new to Sage and I don't quite understand how to convert my code
> to cython code to speed up my program.  I am doing a lot of symbolic
> manipulations and using the PolynomialRing object.  Below I have some
> of my code so that you can see the types of manipulations I hope to
> speed up:

I would not think about using Cython until you know what is taking all
of the time in your program.  What would really be useful is some
sample input of the computations that you want to run (along with the
code that makes them work) so some actual profiling can be done.

Just looking at your code, it seems like.most of the slowdown could
come from doing arithmetic with symbolic expressions which currently
talk to Maxima and have quite a bit of overhead.  This will change in
Sage 4.0 which will be out next month.

--Mike