Dear SAGE experts,

from the output of desolve?? command I understand that desolve call
maxima and ode2 to solve ordinary differential equations.

1. How can I get the access to method variable?

commands

maxima("ode2('diff(y,x)=x^6*cos(y),y,x)")
maxima('method')

give the answer "separable", but the code

y = function('y', x)
A=desolve(diff(y,x) == x^2*y^2, y)
B=desolve(diff(y,x) == x*y+5, y)
show(A)
print(type(A))
print(maxima('method'))
show(B)
print(type(B))
print(maxima('method'))

does not work (prints "method" if called for the first time and
"separable", if called after the first group of commands)

2. Another observation: if the equation is linear or Bernoulli, the
solution of ODE is of the type <class
'sage.calculus.calculus.SymbolicArithmetic'>, if the equation is
separable or homogeneous, the solution is
<class 'sage.calculus.equations.SymbolicEquation'>. I think, we should
get the same type of the answer in both cases. Is this a bug?

Thank you for your comments and suggestions
Robert