On May 3, 12:54 am, Alessandro Torre <adessobastadavv...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 2 Mag, 23:29, mabshoff <michael.absh...@mathematik.uni-dortmund.de>

<SNIP>

> "So far no one has provided information to what is wrong, i.e. which
> instruction[s] in what library causes this, so I cannot even start to
> fix this."
>
> Can I help somehow?

Absolutely :). I posted this in some other thread, but cannot find it
at the moment.

I do not believe gdb is installed as is in the VMWare image and since
that version of Ubuntu is no longer supported it really ought to be
updated and gdb installed per default. It won't make much of a
difference size wise and for debugging problems like this is is rather
helpful since otherwise we are otherwise poking around in the dark.
Assuming you have gdb run

./sage -gdb

It should fail due to illegal instruction and drop you to the gdb
prompt:

(gdb)

Then punch in "bt" (no quotes) and you will see a backtrace. This
might exceed the length of the screen, so there might be another
prompt to continue. Copy and paste the backtrace (I assume only the
first 20 lines will be of interest, but to be safe take the whole
first page). Then hit enter until you get a prompt again.

enter "disassemble $pc+32,$pc-32" at the gdb prompt and copy and paste
the output.

Mail all of the above to the list and we will fix the problem :)

Cheers,

Michael