On May 6, 7:15 am, gerhard <ge01...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> FYI:

Hi  Gerhard,

> I upgraded R to 2.9.0 on a Fedora 10 system:
> Installation of the matrix package failed (incompatible library
> issues)
> I recompiled all of sage to use gfortran
> then, from a sage shell, ran

This is a major problem, i.e. building additional packages for R per
default needs to work with g95 (as well as g77 in the end). There are
plans in Sage to remove at least for Linux the binary g95 and demand
the presence of a system Fortran compiler as well as switch the
default Fortran compiler for OSX to gfortran. Overall there are also
some other issues with R, i.e. for binaries the likely move of the
tree completely breaks R_HOME and causes all kinds of problems. I am
interested in fixing all those issues post Sage 4.0 for which anything
this large in scope like an R update are too late anyway.

Thanks for dong this work so far.

Did you ever figure out if libintl was now mandatory?

Cheers,

Michael