On May 13, 4:12 am, simon.k...@uni-jena.de wrote:
> Dear Laurent,
>
> please do not use an existing thread for asking a completely different
> question. Better open a new thread.

Yep. Also do not open a thread by replying to an email from sage-devel
by changing the subject since the Groups figure out what you replied
to.

> On May 13, 12:55 pm, Laurent <moky.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > $ sage
> > | SAGE Version 3.0.5, Release Date: 2008-07-11                       |
> > | Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |
>
> I am not an expert for the maxima interface, but I am sure that *much*
> happened with it since
> Sage-3.0.5. So, I would recommend that you upgrade to Sage-3.4.2 and
> try if the problem persists -- unless other people on that list have a
> better hint.

This is likely the version in the Ubuntu 9.04 repo. Maxima in that
release is *completely* broken - don't use that version. As Simon
suggested either upgrade to the binary provided by Sage or build from
source.

> Best regards,
>      Simon

Cheers,