On May 16, 2:29 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM, kilucas <kevin.lu...@concave.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm using VMWare Player 2.5.2 and Sage 3.4.1 on Win XP Pro on a LAN-
> > connected laptop with no firewall and I've become confused about when,
> > in the startup sequence, I type the "notebook" and/or the "notebook()"
> > commands.
>
> > In the sequence:
>
> > 1) run the VMWare Player from Windows
> > 2) open the sage_vmx from within the VMWare Player
> > 3) wait until I see a menu of 4 options: notebook, off, manage, sage
>
> At this point (3), you should type "notebook".

Thanks. That's what I've been doing so can you clarify what I should
see next please? When I type "notebook" I see lots of text and then am
returned to the 4 menu options and the Sage login prompt again.
(Effectively there's nothing left on my screen to show that I even
typed "notebook"!) Is that correct? And if so do I now ignore the
VMPlayer and its contents, returning to Firefox in Windows to try to
reach the web server? Or should I see something different in VMWare
Player? And should I do something more in VMWare Player b efore trying
Firefox.

I'm conscious I may be working with an incompatible version
combination of sage and CPU based on your earlier comments but it'd be
really helpful to understand what I should see if this were working
properly.

Thanks
Kevin