On 18 May 2009, at 15:10, William Stein wrote:

> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Kevin Horton
> <khorto...@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>> A recent discussion of ways to find help pointed out a very useful
>> construct:
>>
>> *word*? at the sage command line will provide a list of commands that
>> include the letters "word". E.g.
>>
>> sage: *word*?
>> Subwords
>> word_problem
>> words
>>
>> I note that this construct does not work in a notebook - the results
>> is "No object '' currently defined.".  Is this the intended
>> behaviour,
>> or is it a bug?
>
> It is a NotImplementedError.

Fascinating.  I had naively assumed that anything that wasn't
recognized as a notebook-specific construct would simply be passed to
sage for it to handle.  Obviously the notebook is a lot more
complicated than I had realized.  Am I to infer that every new command
that is added to sage also needs to be implemented in the notebook?

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada