After installing ETS spkg, once someone knows what to do it seems very easily,

1) download from: agni.phys.iit.edu/~kmcivor/wxmpl/, Wxmpl version 1.3.1 which
is completely compatible with the matplotlib library comming with the ETS-3.1.1
spkg, in your $SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages directory.

2) untar the file: tar xvf wxmpl-1.3.1.tar.gz

3) cd to the wxmpl-1.3.1 directory

4) sage

    sage: python setup.py install

    installs the library.

5) sage: notebook()

6) load the example in the notebook: -> Action (button), choose Evaluate all,
and the corresponding buttons of the example code will appear at your display.

Enjoy

Jorge