Hi all,

I tried with sage to read numbers from an ASCII file, like ReadList
does in Mathematica, or cin>>int does in C++. I suppose Python
provides some module for that that will avoid me reprogramming the
parsing stuff.

I stumbled upon the csv module which is far fetched for me because it
does not allow (except if I am wrong) to read space separated numbers
one by one. I also encountered full featured parsing modules with
grammar specification and so on, which I suspect is also a little bit
too far fetched for only reading real numbers.

In short, anyone knows a simple trick provided by sage or python to
read numbers from a file without redoing the parsing stuff ?

Thanks in advance !

Nicolas