I think is is easier, both on the eye and for a beginner to
understand:

sage: x = polygen(ZZ)
sage: f = 2*x**2 - x
sage: f.factor()
x * (2*x - 1)

The effect of the first line is that polynomials in x are elements of
the polynomial ring with integer coefficients.  Note the difference
when we switch to rational coeffs:

sage: x = polygen(QQ)
sage: f = 2*x**2 - x
sage: f.factor()
(2) * (x - 1/2) * x

Here 2 is the "unit factor" amd the other two are irreducible
polynomials normalised to be monic, which makes sense over a field.

John Cremona