2009/7/16 Dr. David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net>:

> William Stein wrote:
>
>> Install GCC >=4.1.x.
>>
>>  -- William
>

> Is that a requirement? Someone said yesterday 3.4 was ok.

3.4 used to be OK. The new ratpoints packages that Robert Miller introduced in
Sage-4.x does not build with gcc-3.x, so as of right now, GCC >= 4.x
is a requirement.
The right fix is to either change our prereq script, or fix ratpoints
so that it builds
with gcc-3.x again.  If possible, the second option would be much better.

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics