On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Daniel
Bearup<daniel.diff...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question.
>
> Does SAGE incorporate support for differential algebra? That is can it
> handle differential rings/ideals and does it have an implementation of
> the Rosenfeld-Groebner and Ritt algorithms?

Is this the same thing as "D-modules"?  If so, Singular (which is in
Sage) has some major package(s) for this:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1390768.1390794

(there may be more or something else -- I saw a talk on this recently
at MEGA but don't remember the details).

Macaulay 2 also has a package:
http://www.math.uiuc.edu/Macaulay2/doc/Macaulay2-1.2/share/doc/Macaulay2/Dmodules/html/

There is a Sage <--> Macaulay 2 interface.

As John Palmieri says, there's nothing "native" in Sage itself yet though.

 -- William