Hi,

Bill Page escribió:
>> [ x ] No, I can read the above just fine.  It is crystal clear.
>>

> ... but of course unnecessarily verbose. In my opinion a more common
> notation in Sage:
>
> sage: x=2*vector(range(10))+vector(10*[3])
> sage: list_plot(map(lambda a:[cos(a),sin(a)],x/max(x)))
>
> is superior to Mathematica.

Talking about aesthetics, long time before Sage there was a small CAS
called Yacas and one of the things that liked more about it was the
possibility to define your own syntax easily for subdomains[1][2]. Of
course the There Is More Than One Way To Do It could leave to the
syntactic hell of some languages, but some people are working on having
your own aesthetic for expressing ideas while keeping compatibility like
in the Collaborative Object Lambda Architecture[3][4] in which you can
control syntax and semantics of a language and still keeping
compatibility with a metarepresentations. Just food for thought.

[1] http://yacas.sourceforge.net/codingchapter8.html#c8
[2] http://yacas.sourceforge.net/essayschapter3.html#c3
[3] http://piumarta.com/papers/EE380-2007-slides.pdf
[4] http://piumarta.com/papers/colas-whitepaper.pdf