Is there a way to 'map' the vertices of a graph as letters A-Z rather
than numbers 0-26?

AND

If so, will other functions or actions on the graph understand the
mapping?  For example, if I setup an 'interact' where the drop-down
choices are numbers will the actions in the 'interact' understand that
number '0' is equal to vertex 'A'?  (or can I make the drop down
choices letters also?)

In other words... I want to use the interact created by William Stein
for graphically showing the shortest path but I want my vertices to be
letters rather than numbers.  That interact can be found here...

http://wiki.wstein.org/09/480b/schedule?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=20090427-graphs_day1.sws

Tom