Dr. Stein,

It works now!

!math gave me enough insight into what was wrong that I was able to
repair the math file in /Applications/sage.  It looks as though it's
working now.  Thanks so much for taking the time out to help!

Determining which PATH variable the documentation is referring to is a
little confusing.  It could possibly be interpreted as a Python path,
a shell path, or apparently, sage's own internal path variable.  Maybe
adding in a note about which specific path variable is desired would
be helpful for future users?

The ability to work seamlessly between both Mathematica and Sage is
supper powerful.
Thanks again so much.

Mark