On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Eric Jackson <eric...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Earlier today I signed up through sagenb.org so that I can publish my
> worksheet.  The signing up process was simple, but whenever I try to
> login, I receive errors.  I've checked my login information and it is
> accurate.  Is there anyone else having problems?

I just logged in and computed 2+3.  However, I did get two indicators
that it was slow today (I have a monitor script).  Also, sage is
getting some discussion on slashdot right now.

I also just logged in and found that the number of sagenb.org accounts
went up from about 4000 (last time I checked 1-2 weeks go) to 7381
right now.

It looks like 249 accounts were created today, maybe.

So it's getting hammered.  It's just a dual core virtual machine.

Here's a hint -- I made some extra "secret" notebook servers you can
use:  demo.sagenb.org, demo2.sagenb.org.  That might be helpful.

Also, I'm actively working on a major rewrite to improve robustness
and scalability a *lot*.

William

--
William Stein