Alex, you lost me.
Here is the start of my code for the render
-------------------------------------
#This  new html page for the calculation
class rwrite(Resource):
    def render(self,request):
      request.setResponseCode(402)
      request.write("""

      <head>

        <title>Equation solver</title>
I have a request.finish() at the end.
It works OK in IE8.
I get  a "request.finish" done twice warning.  I load it in FireFox
and it kind of works.  At times it displays html code and I refresh
the screen and the apage shows.