Yes, the parsing of output from maxima is currently pretty messed up.
I think its fair to say that symbolic ODEs are a real weak point in
Sage right now.  I'm not sure when I will have enough time to devote
to really fixing this; my main interest is in using them to teach and
I am not an expert on the CAS side of things.

One place on trac this is addressed is:

but I think we need someone to do a total redesign at some point.

-Marshall Hampton