Minimal instructions for the source are at:

http://www.sagemath.org/download-source.html

If you have problems, there is a more extensive installation guide:

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/installation/

but hopefully you won't even need that.  And if you get stuck, you can
always ask here again.

One thing to be aware of is that compiling from source takes a while,
depending on your machine (on my laptop it takes about an hour).

-Marshall Hampton