Joaquim Puig wrote:
> Thanks to all the comments. I will try to put them together and publish
> a workhseet with the comparisons.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Joaquim Puig

I created this ticket some time back for Mathematica

http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/ticket/6808

"Implement a benchmark based on Karl Unterkofler's Mathematica benchmark"

 From my experience, what task is completed on quickly on one platform, does
not
mean it will complete another task quickly.

Hence a bencharm which anyone could run with access to Matlab would be useful.
My rationale for using the benchmark of Karl Unterkofler is that is is widely
used.

I do not know if you could do similar for MATLAB, but it would in my opinion be
more useful to have a benchark anyone could quickly run on their platform.

dave