William Stein a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Kwankyu <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem starting a sage server after, I think, upgrading to
>> Ubuntu 9.10 server edition. It just hangs at the point "Generating a
>> 2048 bit RSA private key..." See the following transcript:
>>

>> Any idea to fix the problem?
>>

> I have seen that.  I think it's a bug in certtool.  I don't know how
> to fix the problem though.  You might try installing all
> openssl-related Ubuntu packages...
>
> William

When you say that it hangs: how long did you wait? This seems funny but
in my case, after *some*  *minutes* the generation finished (may be 5
minutes !!!).
Is not this related to a problem of "entropy" in the computer ? I
remember that, may be 10 years ago, it whas necessary to make some mouse
movements during the ssh keys generation procedure, as the random number
generator used the computer activity. Here I think that the generation
finished when I launched "top" on the machine. But I have only one
experience. Try to make some activity on the machine during the key
generation.... and wait (a long time).
t.d.