On the same track, if sage is built from source on Richard's eight-CPU
machine, will it be able to take advantage of the multiple processor
cores?  If I remember correctly, in a previous thread here a few
months ago, the answer was negative.  If so, why?  Sage is based on
Python and Python's mpi4py package is available as an optional install
on Sage.  So, if Sage cannot take advantage of parallelism, why have
an mpi4py package?

By the way, I tried installing mpi4py on my 64-bit Ubuntu karmic
(9.10, with stock kernel), and I got a bunch of errors.

Gus Fantanas