Hello,

Before writing this post, I did search the support group archive and
therefore
what I'm about to write was not addressed (if I didn't miss anything).
One can
find a post dating from 2007 about why Sage is not in Octave.

I need to solve a system of differential equations. It seems sage
cannot do
that and that Sage help points to Octave. I had in mind that the
philosophy
behind Sage was to create the most complete alternative to
Mathematica,
Matlab and the likes.
For instance, only the time independent problems in quantum mechanics
can be solved with Sage and therefore one needs to find an alternative
to Sage to solve (numerically) the time dependent problems. This is a
limitation for me.

Hopefully, I did not forget any F this time around (for those who
followed the
"crl+shiFt left" debate).

Alex