1) I downloaded the source code from this link

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.sagemath.org/src/sage-4.3.tar

2) I followed the steps indicated in the section "Steps to Install
from Source" from

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/installation/source.html

The output from my invocation of "make" is in the install.log file I
attached to my previous msg.

3) I don't know: I let it run during the night

4) I tried both "sage" and "./sage" (I do not remember in which
order).

Valter.